Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Tuesday Blues

Today is Tuesday and yesterday was Monday (no brainer right). Well for me today was the first day back to work after a festive and joyful holiday season in the work place. It was interesting and I must admit even amusing to see lots of selfies yesterday with tired faces and grumpy captions; most of them referring to the Monday Blues in one form or another.

But today as I began my work week, I wondered: "Is there a such thing as Tuesday Blues? If so I don't think most people have heard of it. Upon arrival at work I was immediately the winner of the grumpy cat award; seems like I was a day late with my scowl and burrowed brow as I braved the coldfrom parking to cubical and removed my Eskimo wear.  Meanwhile all I'm thinking is yesterday while everyone else was a grumpy cat I know wouldn't have been the winner of this award. Now don't get me wrong my workplace isn't a judgment zone and it's not like I'm penalized when I arrive without a smile like a walking Chick-Fil-a member; but I definitely needed some time to shake the blues off and get in the back to work groove.

The thought of the Tuesday Blues got me to thinking and I contacted to my good friend Google to explore the concept. Although the my search was brief it was clear- there seems to be little information about having the blues on a Tuesday. To my pleasant surprise social media on the other hand has a good bit or memes and images which reminded me that I'm not alone.  After all, social media is the voice of the true population.  All in all I'm happy today is over and looking forward to tomorrow--HUMPDAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment